synapse-dev mailing list archives

From "Hubert, Eric" <Eric.Hub...@foxmobile.com>
Subject RE: Implementing Type Support for the Property Mediator
Date Mon, 09 Nov 2009 05:48:00 GMT
________________________________
From: Hiranya Jayathilaka [mailto:hiranya911@gmail.com]

Currently the property mediator sets all property values as strings. But in certain cases
we will want to set property values of other types (integers, floats, OMElement etc).
To solve this problem I would like to propose adding a new attribute to the property mediator.
The new attribute, named 'type' will allow specifying a type for the parameter value. The
property mediator will make sure that the value is properly cast into the specified type before
setting the value. If the attribute is not specified the default type 'string' will be used
so the existing behavior won't be affected.

If there are no objections, I would like to contribute this improvement to Synapse. So WDYT?
Your comments and feedback are most appreciated.

+1, sounds like a useful feature