+1,

Actually there was a patch to property mediator implementing this same functionality. But I seemed nobody cared to look at it :)

Thanks,
Supun..

On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 10:58 AM, Hiranya Jayathilaka <hiranya911@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Folks,

Currently the property mediator sets all property values as strings. But in certain cases we will want to set property values of other types (integers, floats, OMElement etc). For instance when using certain JMS providers (eg: IBM MQ) this feature becomes a must, since they do not allow setting certain properties as strings. Such properties should be set with specific types.

To solve this problem I would like to propose adding a new attribute to the property mediator. The new attribute, named 'type' will allow specifying a type for the parameter value. The property mediator will make sure that the value is properly cast into the specified type before setting the value. If the attribute is not specified the default type 'string' will be used so the existing behavior won't be affected.

I have already done this modificataion for WSO2 ESB. I have implemented support for following types:
If there are no objections, I would like to contribute this improvement to Synapse. So WDYT? Your comments and feedback are most appreciated.

Thanks,
Hiranya

--
Hiranya Jayathilaka