synapse-dev mailing list archives

From Ruwan Linton <ruwan.lin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JMX notifications for Endpoint state changes
Date Sat, 05 Dec 2009 02:43:41 GMT
Hhhmmm, not sure whether it is good to keep a one global aspect
configuration which configures all the child nodes even when you need to
turn on statistics (for example) for a given sequence, that will make the
configuration readability harder. I would think of the implementation when
deciding the configuration design, so that it is not affecting the
performance as well.

I would like to keep a global configuration of aspects, yes as Supun
explined that can define whether all services, all endpoints or
sequences.... but not a named entity. The default behaviour will be at
global level all these will be turned off for all types of entities.

Then at each and every element level you can define there aspects using the
same configuraiton.

Alternately, we could let the aspect configurations to be refered from from
all the elements, inorder to make this work we need to be able to define a
named set of aspects and from services and sequences they can refer to its
aspect. It will enable us to reuse the aspect configuraitons of the same
type within different elements without redefining.

Being said all that I would like to do the initial implementation of this,
considering the amount of change that this idea is going to take us.

Thanks,
Ruwan