synapse-dev mailing list archives

From Rajika Kumarasiri <raj...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: Fixing SYNAPSE-502
Date Mon, 03 May 2010 12:00:08 GMT
On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 4:42 PM, Hiranya Jayathilaka <hiranya911@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 4:24 PM, Rajika Kumarasiri <rajika@wso2.com> wrote:
>

>> On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 4:15 PM, Hiranya Jayathilaka <hiranya911@gmail.com
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> Rajika,

>>> Why does the user has to specify this?
>>>
>> No, it should be an indicator ( a boolean) which suggest to use a temp
>> file or not.
>>

> Why? Writing to a temp file and then moving the file to the appropriate
> place is the safest approach for handling file uploads.

Currently when uploading a file using the vfs transport sender it'll use the
provided file name (as a part of the url) as the file name at the ftp
server. As you can see this has a problem if one on the ftp server side
starts to process the file at the same time since the file is not fully
transferred.
To avoid this we'll use a temporary file(if the user need a one) at the ftp
server for uploading the file, once uploading is completed we can move that
temp file to the original one.

Rajika