synapse-dev mailing list archives

From Hiranya Jayathilaka <hiranya...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Shall we make the iteration run in a single thread?
Date Wed, 15 Sep 2010 13:30:58 GMT
On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 6:51 PM, Supun Kamburugamuva <supun06@gmail.com> wrote:
> Right now synapse iterate mediator create a new thread for each iteration.
> Shall we make it possible to iterate without creating a separate thread?
> For example lets say we want to iterate over a message and do several calls.
> But these calls have to be done in order. In this case this will be useful.

I'm +1 for this. While implementing certain scenarios I have felt the
requirement of this feature. But it must be implemented as an optional
mode of operation (say sequential mode) of the mediator. By default
the iterate mediator should use multiple threads to process message
fragments as it does now.

eg:

<iterate ..... sequentialMode="true">
</iterate>

By default the sequential mode should be turned off.

Thanks,
Hiranya

--
Hiranya Jayathilaka