synapse-dev mailing list archives

From Hiranya Jayathilaka <hiranya...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Shall we make the iteration run in a single thread?
Date Sat, 18 Sep 2010 16:29:47 GMT
On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 9:32 PM, Supun Kamburugamuva <supun06@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 2:20 PM, Ruwan Linton <ruwan.linton@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Sorry for being late, but I think the right attribute should be
>> asynchronous and by default it is false, meaning that the iterator is
>> sequential by default which is the general case I guess, and let the user
>> specify if he can execute in parallel.

+1 for the attribute name but why do you think we should change the
default behavior? IMO most of the time users will want message
fragments to be processed in parallel. Most practical scenarios are
like that, isn't it? A message contains one or more similar elements
that needs to be broken up and processed in parallel.

Thanks,
Hiranya