synapse-dev mailing list archives

From Hiranya Jayathilaka <hiranya...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Time for Synapse 2.0?
Date Sat, 18 Sep 2010 11:17:24 GMT
On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 3:23 PM, Charith Wickramarachchi
<charith.dhanushka@gmail.com> wrote:
> +1 btw is there a tentative date for this?

I think we should look to get an RC out by the end of next week. We
already have lot of new features and bug fixes available in the
current trunk.

 Since i m preparing some patches
> for improvements in DLC and  synapse referencing mechanism.

The DLC implementation and the referencing mechanism are rather big
changes which require certain API changes. Therefore at this point I
think it's best to keep them out of the 2.0 release branch. We need to
properly test these features before we release them. Hopefully Axis2
1.6 will be out soon enough and we'll be able to get a Synapse 2.1 out
based on that. I suggest that we include DLC and the referencing
mechanism impl in that release.

Alternatively we can include only the DLC implementation with the
in-memory message store and JMX MBean in the 2.0 release as an
experimental feature. WDYT?

Thanks,
Hiranya