synapse-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Continuum as the Continuous Integration Solution
Date Fri, 12 Nov 2010 11:07:13 GMT
On Fri, 2010-11-12 at 07:31 +0530, Hiranya Jayathilaka wrote:
> Thanks for your input. My concern is that Hudson reports/notifications
> sometimes are completely useless. Also recently there have been so
> many false negatives reported on the list. I was hoping that may be
> Continuum doesn't suffer these limitations.
>
> Thanks,
> Hiranya

We at HttpComponents use both Continuum and Hudson, though, I personally
find Hudson to be easier to manager and generally better. Both systems
tend to produce false positives when running low on resources or are
under heavy load. However in most cases the failures manifested
themselves as various timeouts (connect / response timeouts) rather any
particular flaw in the CI system.

The main source of trouble with Hudson for me were frequent failures
with deploying snapshots to the repository.apache.org, which, as Andreas
pointed out, has nothing to do with Hudson as such.

Cheers

Oleg