synapse-dev mailing list archives

From Charith Wickramarachchi <charith.dhanus...@gmail.com>
Subject Issue in the current Endpoint behavior with Out only MEP
Date Mon, 22 Nov 2010 08:29:35 GMT
Hi devs ,

When invoking an in only service via an Endpoint we need to set OUT-ONLY
property in the Message Context (if we do not do this call backs will
get accumulated in the SynapseCallbackReceiver : there is a map keeping
those to correlate request and response )

In success scenario that will work fine. But the problem is in
a scenario where the actual service is unavailable, The problem is, in that
case Synapse Endpoint does not get suspended,
In OUT-ONLY  fault scenario since there is no callback registered,
 the relevant fault handler  not get called. So as a result the endpoint/s
will not get notified with a fault in  an OUT_ONLY scenario. So this is a
synapse level bug.

I looked in to this issue and created a patch to resolve this problem.I
m attaching the patch for review. If devs are ok with the patch i'll create
a JIRA and attach this.

thanks,
Charith
--