synapse-dev mailing list archives

From "Hubert, Eric" <Eric.Hub...@foxmobile.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Release Synapse-2.0.0 (Take2)
Date Thu, 09 Dec 2010 11:40:03 GMT
Here is a list of incompatibilities immediately found. Some are only from unit tests – not
all will be considered as public API. To solve some tasks access was needed for different
reasons…
Somehow sorted by importance:

The type XYZ must implement the inherited abstract method AbstractMediatorFactory.createSpecificMediator(OMElement,
Properties)
The type XYZ must implement the inherited abstract method SynapseArtifact.getDescription()
The type XYZ must implement the inherited abstract method SynapseArtifact.setDescription(String)
Cannot override the final method from AbstractMediatorSerializer
The field AbstractMediatorFactory.log is not visible
The method createMediator(OMElement, Properties) in the type AbstractMediatorFactory is not
applicable for the arguments (OMElement)
The method createMediator(OMElement, Properties) in the type MediatorFactory is not applicable
for the arguments (OMElement)
The method createMediator(OMElement) of type XYZ must override or implement a supertype method

The method getMediator(OMElement, Properties) in the type MediatorFactoryFinder is not applicable
for the arguments (OMElement)
The method getMediator(OMElement, Properties) in the type MediatorFactoryFinder is not applicable
for the arguments (OMElement)
The method getInstance() is undefined for the type ServerManager
DataSourceInformation cannot be resolved
DataSourceRegistrar cannot be resolved
JNDIBasedDataSourceRegistry cannot be resolved
MiscellaneousUtil cannot be resolved
RMIRegistryController
The import org.apache.synapse.util.datasource
The import org.apache.synapse.util.MiscellaneousUtil
The import org.apache.synapse.util.RMIRegistryController

Maybe this helps for the documentation task… Others of course may find different incompatibilities.
This is only taken from a very few custom mediators.
I would not consider it takes long to do the upgrade. Anyway I have currently not much time
to try this out and prove it. Maybe later today, but no promise…
In any case one has to tell the user that no existing mediator will work without a few tweaks…

Regards,
   Eric