On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 5:08 PM, Auke Schrijnen <aschrijnen@bkwi.nl> wrote:
Hi devs,

In my attempt to create a custom Synapse build from the git mirror at git.apache.org i discovered an inconsistency in the git repository. All the branches and tags are fine, but the master/trunk branch points to the wrong directory. I reported this in Jira issue INFRA-3800 [1] and they want to fix it, but have a question regarding the svn project layout.

Jukka Zitting:
I can tweak the mirror settings to use http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/synapse/trunk/java/ as the root of the trunk.

However, a cleaner alternative would be for Synapse to have it's trunk at the more standard http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/synapse/trunk/ location. The scratch folder could either be located inside the trunk at http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/synapse/trunk/scratch/ or as a separate folder at http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/synapse/scratch/.

I like the following structure:

Trunk: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/synapse/trunk/
Scratch: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/synapse/scratch/

What about the other committers?

Thanks,
Hiranya

Which way should we proceed?

Can one of you make a decision and add it as a comment to the Jira issue?

Thanks!

Auke Schrijnen