synapse-dev mailing list archives

From Hiranya Jayathilaka <hiranya...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Removing Old Documentation from the Trunk
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2012 08:05:14 GMT
I'm in the process of migrating the new Synapse documentation from 2.1
branch to the trunk. I'm planning to introduce a new top level module
called "documentation". As a part of this effort I'm also going to remove
old documentation (1.0, 1.1.1 etc) from the SVN. We'll continue to serve
old documentation pages from the live site at synapse.apache.org. If
anybody has any concerns please shout.

Thanks,
Hiranya

On Mon, Jan 2, 2012 at 6:36 PM, Hiranya Jayathilaka <hiranya911@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Devs,
>
> Currently we maintain the documentation of old Synapse releases (eg: 1.0,
> 1.1.1) in the trunk. Is this really necessary? This is definitely not going
> to scale very well if we start doing releases more often. So what do you
> think about removing them from the trunk and our future documentation
> distributions? We can still have them on the live site, so anybody can
> visit these pages online if required.
>
> Thanks
> --
> Hiranya Jayathilaka