synapse-dev mailing list archives

From Andun Sameera <andun...@gmail.com>
Subject What are the available project ideas for GSOC 2013?
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2013 15:03:27 GMT
Hi Devs,

I am a final year undergraduate who is willing to participate in GSOC
2013. I had lot of experiences using and developing Synapse. I had the
chance to complete my software engineering internship at WSO2 Lanka
Pvt Ltd, which is a leading middle-ware solutions development company.
Since they are using most of the Apache projects to build there
solutions, I had many chances to get a good exposure to the projects
and there code-bases.
Specially I had the chance to do major projects related to Synapse
ESB. Here are some important examples,

- Streaming XPath Parser for WSO2 ESB which is built on top of Synapse
ESB. (http://wso2.org/library/articles/2013/01/streaming-xpath-parser-
wso2-esb) This implementation provides a high performance XPath parser
to the Synapse ESB which is the core of WSO2 ESB.

- Improving the performance of XSLT mediator using data streams.

Also I have did lot of projects related to Synapse, Axis2, AXIOM etc.
You can find more about those from my LinkedIn profile -
lk.linkedin.com/pub/andun-s-l-gunawardana/34/646/703/ or from my blog
http://www.insightforfuture.blogspot.com/

So I think the above highlighted experiences makes me a good candidate
to do a project in GSOC. Can you give me some ideas or steps to work
further ?

Regards

Andun S.L. Gunawardana
Undergraduate