synapse-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Veithen <andreas.veit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Project Ideas For GSOC 2013
Date Wed, 10 Apr 2013 19:39:55 GMT
The idea would be to implement the necessary changes in Axiom, Axis2
and Synapse so that DOOM can be used end-to-end for the messages that
flow through Axis2 and Synapse. That has potential benefits for
scenarios that use WS-Security (because it avoids LLOM <-> DOOM
transformations in Rampart) or mediators that interact with frameworks
that support DOM.

Of course, both Axis2 and Synapse use the Axiom API and not LLOM
directly, so one would expect that to work, but that is only theory.
E.g. in earlier Axiom releases, there was a major difference between
LLOM and DOOM with respect to the lifecycle of the OMFactory
instances, that made it virtually impossible do substitute LLOM with
DOOM without major code changes. This was only changed in the last
Axiom release (see AXIOM-412). The missing OMSourcedElement support in
DOOM is another issue. There are likely lots of other places where
Axis2 or Synapse depends on behavior specific to LLOM.

Andreas