synapse-dev mailing list archives

From Hiranya Jayathilaka <hiranya...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Pass Through Transport and Next Release
Date Fri, 12 Jul 2013 04:32:45 GMT

On Jul 11, 2013, at 9:29 PM, Hiranya Jayathilaka <hiranya911@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Rajika,
>
> On Jul 11, 2013, at 7:04 PM, Rajika Kumarasiri <rajika.kumarasiri@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> +1. I will help fixing any outstanding issues.
>>
>> I also wrote a native AMQP transport for Apache synapse and see below for code. It
uses the excellent Rabbit MQ java library for AMQP. May be we can include that too in the
release. We need to make sure that the license of RabbitMQ java library is compatible though.

> +1
>

>> https://github.com/danrk/experimental/tree/master/org.apache.synapse.transport.amqp
>>
>> BTW, I read that all ASF projects should be moved to a git repository and have we
taken care of it?

> I wasn't aware of that. According to [1] ASF still uses SVN as the primary VCS. Where
exactly did you come across this information?

Cancel that. I just came across [2]. Looks like the Infra guys have already taken care of
this.

Thanks,
Hiranya

[2] - https://github.com/apache/synapse/tree/trunk

> Thanks,
> Hiranya
>
> [1] - http://www.apache.org/dev/git.html
>

>> Rajika
>>

>> On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 6:26 PM, Hiranya Jayathilaka <hiranya911@gmail.com>
wrote:
>> Hi Folks,
>>
>> I just committed the patches for SYNAPSE-913 with some modifications. These patches
contain the code for:

>> 1. The new pass through HTTP transport
>> 2. Modifying Synapse to use the pass through transport as the default transport
>>
>> All the existing unit tests are working with these changes. All the integration tests
except for the RM test (sample 101) are also working. I've disabled the RM test for now. We'll
discuss what to do about that later in a separate thread.

>> With these changes, I think we should go for a new release. I got some time at hand
this summer so I can be the release manager. I hope to get this out by the end of August or
early September. Any help with bug fixing, testing and documenting will be most appreciated.