synapse-dev mailing list archives

From Ruwan Yatawara <ruw...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: Introducing transport level (HTTPs etc.) access restriction to APIs
Date Mon, 01 Jul 2013 17:57:45 GMT
Thanks Udayanga!

However, when looking through the Syanpse+Axis code, i came to the
understanding that, transport validation is done via axis2 code (It's the
same block of code) for both Proxy Services and APIs. Before dispatching a
call to Axis2, Synapse will verify whether the message context includes a
service. When it comes to APIs, in which case there isn't an attached
service, Synapse will specify the default "__SynapseService" as the
service.

Because of this, when it comes down to the Axis level, Proxy Service and
Rest API calls will both be treated as services (since both have services
assign to them). When Service#getExposedTransports method is called, whilst
the proxy service will relay back transports configured for that "specific"
service, Rest APIs would always return the exposed transports for the
"default" service (which are always HTTP & HTTPS).

As a workaround for this I was thinking, maybe we can constitute some sort
of "Pseudo-Service" (Since it is anyhow being treated at Axis level as a
Service) out of each Rest API, and maintain a Deployer that will set/update
parameters like "ExposedTransports" that may in turn be accessed via Axis.

I'm not entirely sure if this is the right thing to do. But if it is, I can
achieve my desired outcome in Syanpse level itself, without having to do
any changes to Axis.

Please feel free to weigh in your thoughts.

Cheers,
Ruwan Yatawara