Hi Hiranya
 Please find [1] has some additional fixes, did run integration tests with the patch and seem all test have passes successfully, meantime there are some additional fixes I have done for RESTful service invocation, since we do not have proper RESTful scenario specific integration tests with synapse integration framework, I would like to urge we should start to write proper test cases to cover up those scenario.
    IMO since synapse next released will be a total revamp in transport layer and this will be more focusing on performance, I would urge that we should think of pushing xtream xpath scenarios along with PTT integration, I think Andun Gunawardena has done quite a useful enhancements in that space, the relevant article can be found in [2] but not sure whether he has contributed those improvements to synapse yet.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-935
[2] http://wso2.com/library/articles/2013/01/streaming-xpath-parser-wso2-esb