synapse-dev mailing list archives

From Hiranya Jayathilaka <hiranya...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Deprecated APIs
Date Sun, 11 Aug 2013 04:00:38 GMT
Migration to Http Core 4.3 is complete. All the changes have been checked in.

I have migrated both PT and NHTTP transports out of all the deprecated APIs except for one.
Both transports still use some constants from the ExecutionContext class which is deprecated.
I couldn't figure out a replacement for this, so I've left it unchanged for the moment. I've
started a thread regarding this on the http core mailing list, and once we get an answer,
we can hopefully get rid of this one too.

Thanks,
Hiranya

On Aug 9, 2013, at 2:58 PM, Hiranya Jayathilaka <hiranya911@gmail.com> wrote:

> It turns out 4.3 migration is not that straightforward. A lot of the APIs that we use
have been deprecated in this release. Even the simple configuration APIs like HttpParams have
been deprecated. It's probably going to take a few days to do the upgrade.

> Thanks,
> Hiranya
>
> On Aug 8, 2013, at 11:54 PM, Hiranya Jayathilaka <hiranya911@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Rajika,
>>
>> Yes, I came across these during the 4.2.4 migration. I think we only use a few deprecated
constants as of now. All the deprecated function/method calls have already been updated. Soon
I'll get rid of the deprecated constants too.

>> Thanks,
>> Hiranya
>>
>> On Aug 8, 2013, at 7:33 PM, Rajika Kumarasiri <rajika.kumarasiri@gmail.com>
wrote:

>>> Hiranya,
>>>
>>> I noticed there are some deprecated APIs, constants of HC are in use in nhttp
and pass-thru  transports. May be you can refactor them too as part of moving to HC 4.3.