synapse-dev mailing list archives

From Hiranya Jayathilaka <hiranya...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Why is "java.nio.channels.ClosedChannelException" thrown from Nio Reactor?
Date Mon, 19 Aug 2013 17:51:54 GMT
I just noticed that this is from a slightly older revision of Synapse. Line numbers in the
stack trace are off. Also the stack trace mentions the class ServerIODispatch, which is no
longer in the code base. It was removed during the migration to HTTP Core 4.3.

Can you try your scenario with a latest snapshot build and see if the problem occurs there,
before trying out anything else.

Thanks,
Hiranya

On Aug 19, 2013, at 10:46 AM, Hiranya Jayathilaka <hiranya911@gmail.com> wrote:

> [Dropped hc list]
>
> Hi Jeewantha,
>
> What's your Synapse configuration? What steps did you have to go through to get this
error? Please specify the exact details, so we can try to reproduce the problem.

> Also as Oleg has mentioned, a wire-level log would be very helpful. Enable DEBUG for
the org.apache.synapse.transports package in the log4j.properties to enable this.

> Thanks,
> Hiranya
>
> On Aug 19, 2013, at 1:48 AM, Jeewantha Dharmaparakrama <jeewamp.dev@gmail.com>
wrote:

>> Hi All,
>>
>> I have an intermittent issue with Synapse where it prints the following exception
in its Error logs.
>> [2013-08-15 16:57:28,710] ERROR - SourceHandler Unexpected I/O error: java.nio.channels.ClosedChannelException
>>
>> java.nio.channels.ClosedChannelException
>>
>> at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.ensureWriteOpen(SocketChannelImpl.java:135)
>> at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.write(SocketChannelImpl.java:326)
>> at org.apache.http.impl.nio.reactor.SessionOutputBufferImpl.flush(SessionOutputBufferImpl.java:167)
>> at org.apache.http.impl.nio.DefaultNHttpServerConnection.produceOutput(DefaultNHttpServerConnection.java:323)
>> at org.apache.synapse.transport.http.conn.LoggingNHttpServerConnection.produceOutput(LoggingNHttpServerConnection.java:112)
>> at org.apache.synapse.transport.passthru.ServerIODispatch.onOutputReady(ServerIODispatch.java:87)
>> at org.apache.synapse.transport.passthru.ServerIODispatch.onOutputReady(ServerIODispatch.java:39)
>> at org.apache.http.impl.nio.reactor.AbstractIODispatch.outputReady(AbstractIODispatch.java:143)
>> at org.apache.http.impl.nio.reactor.BaseIOReactor.writable(BaseIOReactor.java:180)
>> at org.apache.http.impl.nio.reactor.AbstractIOReactor.processEvent(AbstractIOReactor.java:342)
>> at org.apache.http.impl.nio.reactor.AbstractIOReactor.processEvents(AbstractIOReactor.java:316)
>> at org.apache.http.impl.nio.reactor.AbstractIOReactor.execute(AbstractIOReactor.java:277)
>> at org.apache.http.impl.nio.reactor.BaseIOReactor.execute(BaseIOReactor.java:105)
>> at org.apache.http.impl.nio.reactor.AbstractMultiworkerIOReactor$Worker.run(AbstractMultiworkerIOReactor.java:584)
>>

>> What happens is for some reason, the corresponding SocketChannel is closed but still
some IO operation is done on it. Once this exception is caught from httpcore-nio, it will
be passed to org.apache.http.nio.NHttpServerEventHandler implementation ( org.apache.synapse.transport.passthru.SourceHandler
) and will be printed on Synapse Error logs. Since this is an intermittent issue,
>> I tried to reproduce this programmatically but failed [1]. What can be the practical
reason for this Error? Can this be deliberately reproduced with Synapse?

>> [1] http://stackoverflow.com/q/18309283/1411653
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>> Jeewantha.
>
> --