synapse-dev mailing list archives

From Hiranya Jayathilaka <hiranya...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: compilation errors
Date Thu, 01 Aug 2013 21:34:38 GMT
This is  interesting. VFS transport has a compile time dependency on a javamail API, but the
dependency is not declared on any of the POMs. It looks like Maven still manages to find the
dependency via a transitive dependency in Axiom. That's probably why it works most of the
time.

I think we can replace the use of javamail API with an Axiom API. That way we'll be able to
get rid of this compile time dependency on javamail.

Thanks,
Hiranya

On Aug 1, 2013, at 12:02 PM, Rajika Kumarasiri <rajika.kumarasiri@gmail.com> wrote:

> No I am building online.
>
> Rajika
>

> On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 2:49 PM, Hiranya Jayathilaka <hiranya911@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Rajika,
>
> Nothing has changed since yesterday. It builds fine for me and the last Jenkins build
has also been successful. This is probably an environment issue specific to your build setup.
From the looks of it maven is unable to locate a dependency (probably javamail). Are you building
offline?

> Thanks,
> Hiranya
>
> On Aug 1, 2013, at 10:02 AM, Rajika Kumarasiri <rajika.kumarasiri@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:2.3.2:compile
(default-compile) on project synapse-vfs-transport: Compilation failure: Compilation failure:
>> [ERROR] /home/rajika/project/apache/synapse/trunk/modules/transports/core/vfs/src/main/java/org/apache/synapse/transport/vfs/VFSTransportListener.java:[43,26]
package javax.mail.internet does not exist
>> [ERROR] /home/rajika/project/apache/synapse/trunk/modules/transports/core/vfs/src/main/java/org/apache/synapse/transport/vfs/VFSTransportListener.java:[44,26]
package javax.mail.internet does not exist
>> [ERROR] /home/rajika/project/apache/synapse/trunk/modules/transports/core/vfs/src/main/java/org/apache/synapse/transport/vfs/VFSTransportListener.java:[495,41]
cannot find symbol
>> [ERROR] symbol  : class ContentType
>> [ERROR] location: class org.apache.synapse.transport.vfs.VFSTransportListener
>> [ERROR] /home/rajika/project/apache/synapse/trunk/modules/transports/core/vfs/src/main/java/org/apache/synapse/transport/vfs/VFSTransportListener.java:[497,25]
cannot find symbol
>> [ERROR] symbol  : class ParseException
>> [ERROR] location: class org.apache.synapse.transport.vfs.VFSTransportListener
>> [ERROR] -> [Help 1]
>> [ERROR]
>> [ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
>> [ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
>> [ERROR]
>> [ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read
the following articles:
>> [ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoFailureException
>> [ERROR]
>> [ERROR] After correcting the problems, you can resume the build with the command
>> [ERROR]   mvn <goals> -rf :synapse-vfs-transport
>
> --
> Hiranya Jayathilaka
> Mayhem Lab/RACE Lab;
> E-mail: hiranya@cs.ucsb.edu;  Mobile: +1 (805) 895-7443