synapse-dev mailing list archives

From Hiranya Jayathilaka <hiranya...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Updating Transport Documentation - VFS
Date Sun, 18 Aug 2013 05:23:55 GMT

On Aug 17, 2013, at 7:53 PM, Rajika Kumarasiri <rajika.kumarasiri@gmail.com> wrote:

> One thing I am not clear in the vfs documentation is that the fact "vfs transport sender
doesn't create files automatically", towards the end. What exactly does this mean ?. If I
read correctly VFS transport does create a file in the given destination.

It says vfs sender doesn't create files "atomically". The temp file support you have implemented
can be used as a solution to that.

Thanks,
Hiranya

> Rajika
>

> On Sat, Aug 17, 2013 at 3:15 PM, Rajika Kumarasiri <rajika.kumarasiri@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Sure Hiranya. BTW, what's the version of this release ?
>
> Rajika
>

> On Sat, Aug 17, 2013 at 2:41 PM, Hiranya Jayathilaka <hiranya911@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Rajika,
>
> I'm in the process of revamping the Synapse transports catalog in the documentation.
Could you please review and update [1] when you get a chance? I noticed that some of the most
recent additions are not documented (e.g. temp file support).

> If you want, you can also take a look at [2] to get an idea of the type of things that
should be documented. But you can probably leave things like logging and JMX setup out.

> Thanks,
> Hiranya
>
> [1] - https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/synapse/trunk/java/modules/documentation/src/site/xdoc/userguide/transports/vfs.xml
> [2] - https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/synapse/trunk/java/modules/documentation/src/site/xdoc/userguide/transports/pass_through.xml