synapse-dev mailing list archives

From Hiranya Jayathilaka <hiranya...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Retiring Sandesha and RM Support
Date Tue, 24 Sep 2013 01:10:07 GMT
The overwhelming responses prove my point ;) Nobody seem to be interested in WS-RM any more.
I'll remove this dependency and the respective code from the trunk.

Thanks,
Hiranya

On Sep 18, 2013, at 3:07 PM, Hiranya Jayathilaka <hiranya911@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> It doesn't look like Sandesha is being actively developed or maintained. Further, WS-ReliableMessaging
doesn't seem to be a widely used standard. Persistent messaging (JMS, MQ etc) along with patterns
like dead letter channel and message stores are being used to solve the same problem more
effectively. Given these circumstances, what do you think about dropping the Sandesha dependency
from Synapse? We'll also have to remove any Sandesha dependent code fragments (e.g. RMSequenceMediator)
and the samples as well.

> Thanks,
> Hiranya
> --