synapse-dev mailing list archives

From Hiranya Jayathilaka <hiranya...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Retiring Sandesha and RM Support
Date Mon, 14 Oct 2013 23:18:19 GMT
In case somebody didn't notice the commit, this has been implemented. We no longer use/depend
on Sandesha.

Thanks,
Hiranya

On Sep 23, 2013, at 6:10 PM, Hiranya Jayathilaka <hiranya911@gmail.com> wrote:

> The overwhelming responses prove my point ;) Nobody seem to be interested in WS-RM any
more. I'll remove this dependency and the respective code from the trunk.

> Thanks,
> Hiranya
>
> On Sep 18, 2013, at 3:07 PM, Hiranya Jayathilaka <hiranya911@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Folks,
>>
>> It doesn't look like Sandesha is being actively developed or maintained. Further,
WS-ReliableMessaging doesn't seem to be a widely used standard. Persistent messaging (JMS,
MQ etc) along with patterns like dead letter channel and message stores are being used to
solve the same problem more effectively. Given these circumstances, what do you think about
dropping the Sandesha dependency from Synapse? We'll also have to remove any Sandesha dependent
code fragments (e.g. RMSequenceMediator) and the samples as well.