synapse-dev mailing list archives

From Hiranya Jayathilaka <hiranya...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Synapse Release - Alternative Plans
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2014 23:42:07 GMT
I'm trying to build Axis2 against the last release of Axiom (1.2.14). But I'm seeing a ton
of test-failures. Is there a simple way to fix these stuff?

Thanks,
Hiranya

Tests in error:
  DispatchOperationResolutionDocLitBareTest.testOperationResolution:70 ? WebService
  DispatchOperationResolutionTest.testDynamicPort_NoResolution:100 ? WebService ...
  DispatchOperationResolutionTest.testOperationResolution_Sync_String_PAYLOAD:118 ? WebService
  DispatchOperationResolutionTest.testOperation2Resolution_Sync_String_PAYLOAD:141 ? WebService
  DispatchOperationResolutionTest.testNoOperationResolution:185 ? WebService org...
  DispatchOperationResolutionTest.testOperationResolutionDisabled_AxisConfiguration_false:266
? WebService
  DispatchOperationResolutionTest.testOperationResolutionDisabled_AxisConfiguration_False:286
? WebService
  DispatchOperationResolutionTest.testOperationResolutionDisabled_SystemProperty_NoEffect:307
? WebService
  DispatchOperationResolutionTest.testOperationResolutionDisabled_RequestContext_Action_Set:357
? WebService
  DispatchOperationResolutionTest.testOperationResolutionDisabled_AxisConfiguration_True_Request_Context_Action_Set:381
? WebService
  DispatchOperationResolutionTest.testOperationResolutionDisabled_RequestContext_Action_null:402
? WebService
  DispatchOperationResolutionTest.testOperationResolutionDisabled_RequestContext_Action_EmptyString:422
? WebService
  DispatchOperationResolutionTest.testOperationResolutionDisabled_RequestContext_Property:441
? WebService
  LogicalMessageContextTests.testGetPayloadAsSource:79 ? NodeUnavailable
  LogicalMessageContextTests.testGetAndSetPayloadAsSource:98 ? NodeUnavailable
  LogicalMessageContextTests.testGetMultiplePayloadsAsSource:140 ? NodeUnavailable
  LogicalMessageContextTests.testConvertMessageToFault:222 ? NodeUnavailable
  SOAPHeadersAdapterTests.testAddRemove:114 ? WebService org.apache.axiom.om.Nod...
  SOAPHeadersAdapterTests.testAddRemoveEmpty:149 ? WebService org.apache.axiom.o...
  SOAPHeadersAdapterTests.testEmptyList:189 ? WebService org.apache.axiom.om.Nod...
  SOAPHeadersAdapterTests.testKeyEquivalence:225 ? WebService org.apache.axiom.o...
  SOAPHeadersAdapterTests.testListItemRemoval:275 ? WebService org.apache.axiom....
  SOAPHeadersAdapterTests.testContainsValue:411 ? WebService org.apache.axiom.om...
  SOAPHeadersAdapterTests.testEmpty:432 ? WebService org.apache.axiom.om.NodeUna...
  SOAPHeadersAdapterTests.testValues:467 ? WebService org.apache.axiom.om.NodeUn...
  SOAPHeadersAdapterTests.testKeySet:503 ? WebService org.apache.axiom.om.NodeUn...
  SOAPHeadersAdapterTests.testEntrySet:548 ? WebService org.apache.axiom.om.Node...
  SOAPHeadersAdapterTests.testPutAll:609 ? WebService org.apache.axiom.om.NodeUn...
  SOAPHeadersAdapterTests.testAddRemoveAsSOAPMessage:643 ? WebService org.apache...
  SOAPHeadersAdapterTests.testAddRemoveAsSOAPEnvelope:729 ? WebService org.apach...
  SOAPHeadersAdapterTests.testAddRemoveAsOMElement:776 ? NodeUnavailable
  SOAPHeadersAdapterTests.testAddRemoveAsOMElementUsingSourceFactory:837 ? NodeUnavailable
  SOAPHeadersAdapterTests.testAddRemoveAsOMElementUsingSourceFactoryLogicalMessageImpl:884
? WebService
  BlockTests.testStringOutflow:126 ? NodeUnavailable
  BlockTests.testStringOutflow2:165 ? NodeUnavailable
  BlockTests.testStringOutflow3:200 ? NodeUnavailable
  BlockTests.testStringInflow:224 ? NodeUnavailable
  BlockTests.testStringInflow2:260 ? NodeUnavailable
  BlockTests.testStringInflow3:295 ? NodeUnavailable
  BlockTests.testJAXBOutflow:349 ? NodeUnavailable
  BlockTests.testJAXBOutflow2:398 ? NodeUnavailable
  BlockTests.testOMOutflow:645 ? NodeUnavailable
  BlockTests.testOMOutflow2:687 ? NodeUnavailable
  BlockTests.testStreamSourceOutflow:758 ? NodeUnavailable
  BlockTests.testStreamSourceOutflow2:799 ? NodeUnavailable
  BlockTests.testStreamSourceOutflow3:839 ? NodeUnavailable
  BlockTests.testStreamSourceInflow:863 ? NodeUnavailable
  BlockTests.testStreamSourceInflow2:903 ? NodeUnavailable
  BlockTests.testStreamSourceInflow3:945 ? NodeUnavailable
  BlockTests.testJAXBSourceOutflow:1030 ? NodeUnavailable
  BlockTests.testDOMSourceOutflow:1076 ? NodeUnavailable
  BlockTests.testSAXSourceOutflow:1114 ? NodeUnavailable
  MessageTests.testStringInflow_soap11:427->_testStringInflow:459 ? NodeUnavailable
  MessageTests.testStringInflow_soap12:431->_testStringInflow:459 ? NodeUnavailable
  MessageTests.testStringInflow2_soap11:478->_testStringInflow2:533 ? NodeUnavailable
  MessageTests.testStringInflow2_soap12:489->_testStringInflow2:533 ? NodeUnavailable
  MessageTests.testStringInflow3_soap11:552->_testStringInflow3:607 ? NodeUnavailable
  MessageTests.testStringInflow3_soap12:563->_testStringInflow3:607 ? NodeUnavailable
  MessageTests.testStringInflow4_soap11:625->_testStringInflow4:655 ? NodeUnavailable
  MessageTests.testStringInflow4_soap12:628->_testStringInflow4:655 ? NodeUnavailable
  SOAP12Tests.testCreateSoap12FromPayload:105 ? NodeUnavailable
  SOAP12Tests.testCreateSoap12FromMessage:150 ? NodeUnavailable
  SOAP12Tests.testGetPayloadFromSoap12:194 ? NodeUnavailable
  SOAP12Tests.testGetMessageFromSoap12:233 ? NodeUnavailable

On Sep 19, 2014, at 5:19 PM, Rajika Kumarasiri <rajika.kumarasiri@gmail.com> wrote:

> I created, https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-994 for this.
>
> Rajika
>
> On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 2:02 PM, Hiranya Jayathilaka <hiranya911@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sounds good. Create an issue and see if anybody's willing to send in some documentation
patches?

> On Sat, Sep 13, 2014 at 10:21 PM, Rajika Kumarasiri <rajika.kumarasiri@gmail.com>
wrote:
> 5. Synapse as a REST gateway.
> 6. Synapse as a WS-Security processor.
>
> On Sat, Sep 13, 2014 at 12:36 PM, Rajika Kumarasiri <rajika.kumarasiri@gmail.com>
wrote:
> What do you think if we improve the documentation with couple of popular deployment scenarios
with Synapse as part of this release process. That will attract more users. I can think of
the following;

> 1. Pub / Sub - AMQP transport.
> 2. JMS fail over -  JMS transport.
> 2. File gateway - VFS transport.
> 3. PassThru - VFS, pass thru transports.
>
> etc.. etc..
>
> Rajika
>
> On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 12:52 PM, Hiranya Jayathilaka <hiranya911@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Rajika,
>
> I'll go through the open issues over the weekend, and come up with a plan. I think the
current trunk is pretty stable so it shouldn't require a lot of fixing. We do need to setup
svnpubsub for distributing binaries and the website though. Looks like this requires a bit
of work.

> Thanks,
> Hiranya
>
> On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 6:55 AM, Rajika Kumarasiri <rajika.kumarasiri@gmail.com>
wrote:
> I think we should go ahead with this. Rather than make the Synapse trunk dependent on
the forked version, let's only make it for the tag of the Synapse release. Let the Synapse
trunk depend on the trunk  of Axis2 and Rampart as it is now if there are no major API changes.

> Commons-VFS is here http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/synapse/branches/commons-vfs-2-synapse-2.0/.
If I remember correctly we manually deployed the commons vfs artifacts into the maven repo
when we first forked Commons-VFS.

> BTW, do you have a time line and set of issues that you are planning for this release
?

> Rajika
>
> On Tue, Sep 9, 2014 at 4:51 PM, Hiranya Jayathilaka <hiranya911@gmail.com> wrote:
> If we do a fork, this is what I think we should do:
>
> 1. Copy Axis2 and Rampart trunk heads into two branches under the Synapse source tree.
> 2. Change their versions by adding a suitable suffix (like how we do with Commons-VFS).
> 3. Change Synapse build to depend on these artifacts
> 4. Continue with the Synapse release process. Hopefully we won't have to make too many
changes to Axis2 or Rampart. But for every change we do we need to create an issue as Rajika
mentioned, and submit patches.

> Is this an acceptable plan? Have to say I really don't like the idea of forking Axis2,
but we don't have too many options here unfortunately.

> Also, any idea how we can get the forked Axis2/Rampart binaries into the maven repos?
How do we do this for Commons-VFS?

> Thanks,
> Hiranya
>

> On Mon, Sep 8, 2014 at 8:14 PM, Rajika Kumarasiri <rajika.kumarasiri@gmail.com>
wrote:
> +1. We need to create jira issue per each issue for Axis2 and Rampart once those issue
got fixed we can move back to the mainline.

> Rajika
>
> On Mon, Sep 8, 2014 at 11:09 PM, Hiranya Jayathilaka <hiranya911@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> It looks like the Axis2 release process is going to take longer than we'd like. Are there
any alternatives that we can look into in the meantime? Is temporarily forking Axis2 and Rampart
a good idea? I believe both projects are stable enough for our needs. WDYT?