synapse-dev mailing list archives

From Hiranya Jayathilaka <hiranya...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Synapse Release - Alternative Plans
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2014 20:51:02 GMT
If we do a fork, this is what I think we should do:

1. Copy Axis2 and Rampart trunk heads into two branches under the Synapse
source tree.
2. Change their versions by adding a suitable suffix (like how we do with
Commons-VFS).
3. Change Synapse build to depend on these artifacts
4. Continue with the Synapse release process. Hopefully we won't have to
make too many changes to Axis2 or Rampart. But for every change we do we
need to create an issue as Rajika mentioned, and submit patches.

Is this an acceptable plan? Have to say I really don't like the idea of
forking Axis2, but we don't have too many options here unfortunately.

Also, any idea how we can get the forked Axis2/Rampart binaries into the
maven repos? How do we do this for Commons-VFS?

Thanks,
Hiranya

On Mon, Sep 8, 2014 at 8:14 PM, Rajika Kumarasiri <
rajika.kumarasiri@gmail.com> wrote:

> +1. We need to create jira issue per each issue for Axis2 and Rampart once
> those issue got fixed we can move back to the mainline.
>
> Rajika
>
> On Mon, Sep 8, 2014 at 11:09 PM, Hiranya Jayathilaka <hiranya911@gmail.com
> > wrote:
>
>> Hi Folks,
>>
>> It looks like the Axis2 release process is going to take longer than we'd
>> like. Are there any alternatives that we can look into in the meantime? Is
>> temporarily forking Axis2 and Rampart a good idea? I believe both projects
>> are stable enough for our needs. WDYT?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Hiranya
>>
>> --