synapse-dev mailing list archives

From Vanjikumaran Sivajothy <vanjikuma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Feature] VelocityTemplateMediator
Date Sat, 14 Oct 2017 16:32:52 GMT
Pretty good work Indeed. I agree that this will help to overcome the
limitation of payload mediator and any other transformation mediators.

I would suggest as dushan to do a comprehensive performance comparation
that allows on going users to convince the adoption of this new feature :)

However, we should not wait until that but to adopt this sooner and do the
extensive testing.

Synapse still following the old school model with JIRA and svn, Hence
please create JIRA and attached the patch.(I see you have forked and
implemented in GitHub)

On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 9:42 AM Dushan Abeyruwan <dushan@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi Asanka,
>   It looks to be nice work. Do you have any performance numbers with the
> current feature?
>
> Cheers,
> Dushan
>
> On Wed, Oct 4, 2017 at 6:14 PM, Asanka Dissanayake <asankanbd@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Devs,
>>
>> I've been using Synapse to develop an API Platform for a company. Message
>> transformation was a key part of it. We were mainly using Payload Factory .
>> It is ideal for 1:1 message transformation. But for arrays and conditional
>> transformation we had to develop a DSL.
>> I know XSLT mediator was an option, but we were not allowed to use xslt
>> for development. Now don't ask me why :).
>>
>> I developed a mediator using Velocity Template Engine. It addresses all
>> the limitations in payload factory. Very detailed document with examples
>> can be found at
>>
>> https://github.com/asanka88/apache-synapse/blob/master/README.md
>>
>> I ported it to latest synapse version and source can be found
>>
>> https://github.com/asanka88/apache-synapse
>>
>> Please have look , would love to contribute this to synapse if you guys
>> think this is good.
>>

>> Thanks,
>> Asanka
>>

> --
> Dushan Abeyruwan | Senior Technical Lead
> Technical Support,MV
> PMC Member Apache Synpase
> WSO2 Inc. http://wso2.com/
> Blog:*http://www.dushantech.com/ <http://www.dushantech.com/>*