synapse-dev mailing list archives

From Asanka Dissanayake <asanka...@gmail.com>
Subject [Feature] VelocityTemplateMediator
Date Thu, 05 Oct 2017 01:14:46 GMT
Hi Devs,

I've been using Synapse to develop an API Platform for a company. Message
transformation was a key part of it. We were mainly using Payload Factory .
It is ideal for 1:1 message transformation. But for arrays and conditional
transformation we had to develop a DSL.
I know XSLT mediator was an option, but we were not allowed to use xslt for
development. Now don't ask me why :).

I developed a mediator using Velocity Template Engine. It addresses all the
limitations in payload factory. Very detailed document with examples can be
found at

https://github.com/asanka88/apache-synapse/blob/master/README.md

I ported it to latest synapse version and source can be found

https://github.com/asanka88/apache-synapse

Please have look , would love to contribute this to synapse if you guys
think this is good.

Thanks,
Asanka