synapse-dev mailing list archives

From Isuru Udana <isud...@apache.org>
Subject Fwd: Positioning Synapse as an Integration Framework
Date Thu, 12 Dec 2019 01:38:33 GMT
Hi All,

It has been 12 years since Synapse was founded (2007-12-19). As we all know
in the last few years we did not have a good run. The activity of the
project has significantly gone down and there is not much of a contribution
from the majority of the committers.

Also, ESB architectural style is no longer the preferred style for doing
the integration. The world has been moved towards container friendly
products, microservices, and cloud-native technologies. However, the
integration problem solved by the ESB architecture still exists and handled
by different entities.

Even though Synapse is an ESB, it has most of the qualities (ex: faster
startup time, low resource consumption, etc.) that are important for
containers and microservices integrations. So with a little effort, we
could make Synapse a container friendly product that suits any
architectural style for doing the integration.

So, should we consider positioning Synapse as an 'Integration Framework' or
an 'Integration Product' that serves all architectural styles?
Will that help us reactivate the project?

Please share your thoughts.

Thank you.