synapse-user mailing list archives

From Ravi Undupitiya <ravi.undupit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: class mediator and error handling
Date Mon, 14 Aug 2017 02:40:04 GMT
Hi Matt,

What you’re trying should work. I don’t see how anything in the class mediator can cause
this as all it does is execute the mediate method of the custom class. If you do not handle
exceptions in your custom class, the class mediator wraps the mediate method execution in
a try/catch and that should at least throw a SynapseException.

Thanks,
Ravi

> On 14 Aug 2017, at 10:05 am, Matthew Shaw <Matthew.Shaw@ambulance.qld.gov.au> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> There appears to be a bug in the class mediator when using a try catch. It goes into
the catch statement when I force an error, however my code never executes. It jumps straight
into ClassMediator catch statement.

> Here is my mediator code:
>
> public class GetTimesheetMediator implements Mediator {
>
>    private static final Log log = LogFactory.getLog(GetTimesheetMediator.class);
>
>    public boolean mediate(MessageContext messageContext) {
>
>        boolean success = true;
>
>        String timsheetId = (String) messageContext.getProperty("timesheetId");
>
>        Hashtable env = new Hashtable();
>        env.put(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY, "weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactory");
>        env.put(Context.PROVIDER_URL, "t3://poldesaps02:5013");
>        env.put(Context.SECURITY_PRINCIPAL, "testuser4");
>        env.put(Context.SECURITY_CREDENTIALS, "passw0rd");
>
>        Context ic = null;
>
>        try {
>            Integer eTimesheetId =  new Integer(timsheetId);
>            ic = new InitialContext(env);
>            String xml = marshallTimesheet(ic, getTimesheet(ic,eTimesheetId));
>            messageContext.setProperty("xmlResponse",xml);
>        }catch (Throwable e) {
>
>            success = false;
>            log.error("WOWSERS!");
>        }
>

>        return success;
>    }
>
> I need it to perform the processing in the above catch statement, but it just seems to
skip it. Any ideas?

> Cheers,
> Matt.
> This email, including any attachments sent with it, is confidential and for the sole
use of the intended recipient(s). This confidentiality is not waived or lost, if you receive
it and you are not the intended recipient(s), or if it is transmitted/received in error.

> Any unauthorised use, alteration, disclosure, distribution or review of this email is
strictly prohibited. The information contained in this email, including any attachment sent
with it, may be subject to a statutory duty of confidentiality if it relates to health service
matters.

> If you are not the intended recipient(s), or if you have received this email in error,
you are asked to immediately notify the sender. You should also delete this email, and any
copies, from your computer system network and destroy any hard copies produced.

> If not an intended recipient of this email, you must not copy, distribute or take any
action(s) that relies on it; any form of disclosure, modification, distribution and/or publication
of this email is also prohibited.

> Although the Queensland Ambulance Service takes all reasonable steps to ensure this email
does not contain malicious software, the Queensland Ambulance Service does not accept responsibility
for the consequences if any person's computer inadvertently suffers any disruption to services,
loss of information, harm or is infected with a virus, other malicious computer programme
or code that may occur as a consequence of receiving this email.

> Unless stated otherwise, this email represents only the views of the sender and not the
views of the Queensland Government.

> The content presented in this publication is distributed by the Queensland Government
as an information source only. The State of Queensland makes no statements, representations
or warranties about the accuracy, completeness or reliability of any information contained
in this publication. The State of Queensland disclaims all responsibility and all liability
(including without limitation for liability in negligence) for all expenses, losses, damages
and costs you might incur as a result of the information being inaccurate or incomplete in
any way, and for any reason reliance was placed on such information.