systemml-dev mailing list archives

From Deron Eriksson <deroneriks...@gmail.com>
Subject Release source package
Date Wed, 20 Jan 2016 20:30:45 GMT
I have a question (mostly for Luciano).

I'm examining the release candidate files to try to verify that our
candidate files are compliant with the Apache release management policy (
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html).

I see under the Release Check List (
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#check-list), the
following:

"3.6 Release consists of source code only, no binaries.
Each Apache release must contain a source package. This package may not
contain compiled components (such as "jar" files) because compiled
components are not open source, even if they were built from open source."

Is this referring to -sources.jar or -src.tar.gz/-src.zip?
In system-ml-0.9.0-incubating-src.tar.gz, there
is src/test/config/hadoop_bin_windows/bin/winutils.exe. Does this need to
be removed? Or is the "source package" referring to the -sources.jar? Since
it says each release must contain a source package, and -sources.jar is a
source package, I assume we are fine. Is that correct?

Deron