systemml-dev mailing list archives

From Ethan Xu <ethan.yifa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Logical indexing?
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2016 20:06:52 GMT
Thanks a lot Matthias. Following up with your suggestions, I tried option 2:

# option 2: via removeEmpty
Ind = (X[,1]>10);
Y = removeEmpty(target=X, select=Ind);

SystemML throws a complaint (maybe I'm not using the correct version?):

Named parameter 'margin' missing. Please specify 'rows' or 'cols'.

It works correctly after adding the 'margin' argument:

# option 2: via removeEmpty
Ind = (X[,1]>10);
Y = removeEmpty(target=X, margin = "rows", select=Ind);

I know the document is being updated continuously, just want to point out
the help file for 'removeEmpty()' (link below) does not contain an
explanation of the 'select' argument yet:)
http://apache.github.io/incubator-systemml/dml-language-reference.html#matrix-construction-manipulation-and-aggregation-built-in-functions

Thanks again for your help

Best,

Ethan