systemml-dev mailing list archives

From Deron Eriksson <deroneriks...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: [VOTE] Apache SystemML 0.9.0-incubating (RC3)
Date Wed, 04 May 2016 19:21:59 GMT
Hi,

Here is a list of Justin Mclean's findings from our last incubator release.
We need to verify that all potential issues have been addressed before our
next release.

I will go over the list and figure out which have been fixed already.

Deron

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com>
Date: Tue, Feb 2, 2016 at 3:06 PM
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Apache SystemML 0.9.0-incubating (RC3)
To: general@incubator.apache.org

Hi,

+1 (binding) but only if LICENSE is fixed for next release

I checked:
- file contains incubating
- signatures and hashed good
- DISCLAIMER exists
- LICENSE is missing bundled software [11][12]
- NOTICE is OK
- Several source files are missing Apache headers [7]. While they are
generated files it would be nice for them to have Apache headers.
- No unexpected binary files
- Can compile from source

LICENSE is missing:
- Bootstrap [1] (MIT licensed)
- Modernizr [2] (MIT/BSD licensed)
- Polyfill [2] (MIT/BSD licensed)
- Respond [2] (MIT/GPL licensed)
- Normalize [3] (MIT licensed)
- AnchorJS [5] (MIT licensed)
- JQuery [6] (MIT licensed)

I notice some of the code comes from/is based on "Introduction to
Algorithms, Third Edition, MIT Press”. (e.g. [8]) Do you require permission
to use this? How is this material licensed? Could any of the other material
mentioned in [4] be an issue copyright wise or need to be placed in LICENSE
if it is permissively licensed?

Do the LICENSE and NOTICE files in ./src/assembly/standalone/ need to be
included in the source release?

Also for the next release could you place the RC in the correct place. [9]

Can [10] (an compress archive containing a text file) not be placed in the
source release but be created at build time?

Thanks,
Justin

1. ./docs/js/vendor/bootstrap.min.js
2. ./docs/js/vendor/modernizr-2.6.1-respond-1.1.0.min.js
3. ./docs/css/bootstrap.min.css
4. ./docs/Algorithms\ Reference/SystemML_Algorithms_Reference.bib
5. ./docs/js/vendor/anchor.min.js
6. ./docs/js/vendor/jquery-1.12.0.min.js
7. ./src/main/java/org/apache/sysml/parser/*.java
8.
./src/main/java/org/apache/sysml/hops/rewrite/RewriteMatrixMultChainOptimization.java
9.
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#glossary-incubator-dist
10
./docs/files/mlcontext-programming-guide/zeppelin-notebook-linear-regression/2AZ2AQ12B.tar.gz
11. http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#guiding-principle
12. http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#permissive-deps