systemml-dev mailing list archives

From "Frederick R Reiss" <frre...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Migration to Spark 2.0.0
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2016 22:56:12 GMT

While I agree that getting onto Spark 2.0 quickly ought to be a priority,
there are existing early users of SystemML who are likely stuck on Spark
1.6.x for the next few months. Those users could want some of the new
experimental features since 0.10 (specifically frames, the prototype Python
DSL, and the new MLContext) and it would be good to have a Spark 1.6 branch
of our version tree where we can backport the debugged versions of these
features if needed.

I would recommend that we do one more SystemML release against Spark 1.6,
then switch the head version of SystemML over to Spark 2.0, then
immediately perform a second SystemML release. Thoughts?

Fred