systemml-dev mailing list archives

From Deron Eriksson <deroneriks...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Branch 0.14 based on SystemML-0.14 RC1 has been deleted
Date Thu, 13 Apr 2017 21:06:17 GMT
I'm growing a bit concerned about this strategy of not having a 0.14
branch. Right now it's been 10 days since RC1 was cut, and RC3 is going to
be cut from master. I feel this is starting to affect the project moving
foward. As an example, the Apache Commons CLI PR has still not been merged
into master since it is waiting on the 0.14 validation and voting to be
finished. If it takes another total of 10 days for RC3 to be approved (by
us and the IPMC), it means that during 1/3 of our 2-month release cycle we
can't commit forward-thinking features on master.

We could easily remedy this with a 0.14 branch when RC3 is cut.

Deron

--
Deron Eriksson
Spark Technology Center