systemml-dev mailing list archives

From Matthias Boehm <mboe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Release Planning
Date Tue, 06 Feb 2018 20:51:10 GMT
yes, absolutely. Here is a list of new features and improvements - please
feel free to extend as needed:

1) Extended Caffe2DML and Keras2DML APIs
2) Support for large-dense blocks >16GB in CP
3) New builtin functions ifelse, xor, as well as and/or/not over matrices
4) Single-precision support for native conv2d and mm operations.
5) Performance features and correctness of ultra-sparse operations
6) Codegen: new plan cache, nary cbind
7) Parfor: result merge with accumulators +=, reduced initialization
overhead
8) Compiler improvements: avoid unnecessary spark instructions, corrected
memory estimates

Until the RC, I'd like to support all deep learning builtin functions in
codegen, add a couple of pending parfor improvements, and potentially do a
first cut of the compiler/runtime integration for parameter servers.

Regards,
Matthias