systemml-dev mailing list archives

From Matthias Boehm <mboe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Roadmap Merge and Rename SystemDS
Date Tue, 24 Mar 2020 12:58:00 GMT
that's a good point Henry. Yes, with SystemDS 0.1.0, we removed the
MapReduce compiler and runtime backend, the pydml parser and language
support, the Java-UDF framework, and the script-level debugger. We are
concentrating on local, spark, GPU, and federated backends now, added
new language bindings including an initial Python binding. However, the
script-level operation support remains intact and is even largely
extended by builtins for algorithms, data cleaning, and debugging.

Accordingly, it might be good to deprecate the removed things while
merging the code in and then make the next Apache SystemDS (pending
approval) release a major release which allows us to break external APIs.

Regards,
Matthias