systemml-dev mailing list archives

From "Baunsgaard, Sebastian" <baunsga...@tugraz.at>
Subject Docker Container Organisation
Date Fri, 15 May 2020 17:46:22 GMT
Hi SystemDS developers.

Currently we have some docker containers that are associated with my  personal docker user.

It has been brought to my attention that this is not appropriate, and I would therefore suggest
we make a Docker organization.

But this rises some questions:

- Is there a normal procedure for Apache Projects for docker containers?

- If not, then furthermore what should we call this docker organization?

- and how do we/I distribute rights to maintain this docker organization to the committers?

For notice of how important the docker container is, it has currently been downloaded and
installed over 10k times for testing our system, and for each instance it has saved 1 min
of testing time on GitHub Workflows (1 week total time so far).

Furthermore we need to find a solution hopefully soon so that we can set automatic updates
of our docker image up, since when updating dependencies at the moment, require me to manually
update the docker image. This is for instance required for a current PR (https://github.com/apache/systemml/pull/914)

Searching a little on for Apache docker images of different projects it looks like other persons
have repositories that contain images for specific systems. Like Microsoft having a Spark
image (https://hub.docker.com/_/microsoft-mmlspark-release<https://hub.docker.com/_/microsoft-mmlspark-release>).

best regards

Sebastian