tajo-dev mailing list archives

From Yu Dongmin <mini...@gmail.com>
Subject Tajo C++ worker
Date Wed, 22 Jan 2014 11:19:10 GMT
Hello,

I'm very glad to hear that Tajo is getting stable and production ready.

Here's another news. Some of us might have have seen some Hyunsik's presentations commenting
about an experimental project, c++ tajo worker.

Recently, I've been working on the c++ worker, even though it is a little bit far from behind
schedule than what I expected,
it is able to communicate with Tajo Master and Query Master successfully.

This is never a replacement of Java worker, but an exchangeable worker. We could use Java
workers as is, C++ workers only, or mixed workers.

It is designed as a vectorized execution engine hoping to process certain types of data structures
very efficiently.

These are the supported features right now.

- Reading and parsing csv files in the hadoop data node.
- Filtering rows within LLVM code generated evaluation
- Simple scalar functions
- Simple group by aggregation functions

Now I'm working on 'order by' clause and doing profiling to get expected performance.

Working on these stuffs, I hope community to allow creating a new git branch, say native_worker,
cplus_worker or a nicer name, to make this project together.

There's still a long way to go on this project, but it could be improved with help of the
Tajo community.

Thanks
Min