tajo-dev mailing list archives

From Dongjoon Hyun <dongj...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] Beyond 0.10.0 release
Date Thu, 19 Mar 2015 22:27:07 GMT
As a user of Tajo, I want to share what I understand yesterday's meetup in
this mailing list.
It will be a start of further discussion. Please correct me. :)

RELEASE
========
1. Tajo Community is planned QUATALY release in 2015, hopefully.
    0.10.0 (March)
    0.11.0 (June)
    0.12.0 (September)
    0.13.0 (December)

2. Minor Revision is planned MONTHLY release, hopefully.
    0.10.1  (April)
    0.10.2  (May)
    0.10.3  (June)

3. Despite of lack of resource, Minor Revision is able to include 'NEW
FEATURE without Compatibility Issues' and bug fixes.

4. For Tajo 1.0.0, we must achieve the following things.
    - Multi-tenency
    - Security
    - TPC-DS

FEATURE
========
1. Tajo will support YARN by using APACHE SLIDER (
http://slider.incubator.apache.org/) before June.

2. Tajo will support Pluggable Security Interface to reduce the dependancy.
    1.1 Basic ID/Password Authentication (using RDBMS table)
    1.2 Apache Sentry
    1.3 Active Directory (Someday)
    1.4 Kerberos  (Someday)

Feel free to comment anything!