tajo-dev mailing list archives

From Jihoon Son <jihoon...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Questions on Tajo
Date Mon, 30 May 2016 01:54:05 GMT
Hi Dongjin, welcome to the Tajo community!

Here are the answers for your question.

1. Is there any way to unset the table property?

 No, we need to implement this function. I would be very happy if you take
this work!

> 2. Can I change the location of the storage?

I'm wondering when users want to change the table storage location. Would
you explain more detailed background?
If it is due to typos, I think it would be better to remove and recreate
the table with a proper location.

And TAJO-1051 is related to a problem of that users cannot specify the data
format and table properties when inserting data into a specific location,
but it is already implemented. Sorry for your confusion.

> 3. You still can create CSV based table on ver 0.11.x.

Yes, the 'csv' data format is still supported for backward compatability.
However, the property 'csvfile.delimiter' is not supported anymore.

Since 'csv' format is deprecated, it would be better to disallow both the
'csv' format and the 'csvfile.delimiter' property in 0.12.

Regards,
Jihoon