tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard Lewis-Shell" <rlewissh...@mac.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release 2.3 as rc-1
Date Wed, 15 Jan 2003 19:42:57 GMT
Richard Lewis-Shell: +1

----- Original Message -----
From: "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hlship@attbi.com>
To: "Tapestry-Dev" <tapestry-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Cc: "Tapestry Contrib" <tapestry-contrib@lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: Thursday, January 16, 2003 12:55 AM
Subject: [VOTE] Release 2.3 as rc-1

Ok, we've discussed putting 2.3 "to bed".  2.3 beta-1 has been out there for
a bit, I've even seen comments that it was stable and easy to upgrade.

The final major changethe addition of the "Global" mechanism, a counterpart
to the "Visit" mechanism, except that the global property is shared by all
engines in the application.  In addition, all source code now has the big,
ugly Apache license comment block.

Plan:
1) Create a branch off of HEAD for 2.3
2) Label and create a release for 2.3-rc-1
3) Merge private branch changes back into HEAD
4) Rename packages and reorganize directory structure

If any bugs to pop up in 2.3-rc-1, we'll fix them in its branch, and in
HEAD.  I don't see too much along those lines.

Also, is everyone subscribed to the NEW list?
tapestry-dev@jakarta.apache.org

----
Howard Lewis Ship
hlship@attbi.com