tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From "Geoff Longman" <glong...@intelligentworks.com>
Subject Log4j question - Spindle requirement?
Date Tue, 04 Feb 2003 15:21:18 GMT
I have to rebuild tapestry, commons-logging and log4j for Spindle as there is a clash in the
versions of the org.w3c and sax stuff used by crimson vs. xerces.
Otherwise, there are Eclipse classloader problems that prevent Tapestry classes from loading
(that is a very condensed explanation of  something that has had me pulling my hair out for
two days).

There is the option of building log4j *without* mail, jmx, and jms support. I think I can
forgo this support as my log4j jar will be used only in Spindle. Any reason this assumption
is screwed?

Geoff

Geoffrey Longman
Intelligent Works Inc.