tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From "Ariel Pablo Klein" <apkl...@luminafinance.com>
Subject Browsers doesn't respond with incorrect URL encoding
Date Wed, 05 Feb 2003 19:02:08 GMT
What was the idea of encode the entire URL when the only that you need
to encode are the parameter values?

For example if you have this URL:
http://localhost/mainServlet?service=direct&sp=value1 , you don't need
reeconde it because if you do it, youll be encoding & to &amp; that's
unnecesary and wrong, and in my experience sometimes the browser doesn't
execute click event, but works fine while I do shift-click opening in a
new window. Other example can be about encoding # (anchor char), the #
mustn't be enconded.

This error is a misuse of links or it's a bug?

   private String constructURL(StringBuffer buffer, boolean
includeParameters)
    {

        if (_stateful)
            result = _cycle.encodeURL(result);