tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From "Ariel Pablo Klein" <apkl...@luminafinance.com>
Subject RE: Browsers doesn't respond with incorrect URL encoding
Date Wed, 05 Feb 2003 19:18:09 GMT
Note: The same happends with IE and Opera, and ive installed
HTTPInspector from Freakysoft, that works as proxyserver and it shows
every request made by the browser, and when the url its "malformed", the
browser never sends the request to the server.

Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: Ariel Pablo Klein
Sent: Wednesday, February 05, 2003 4:02 PM
To: Tapestry development
Subject: Browsers doesn't respond with incorrect URL encoding

What was the idea of encode the entire URL when the only that you need
to encode are the parameter values?

For example if you have this URL:
http://localhost/mainServlet?service=direct&sp=value1 , you don't need
reeconde it because if you do it, youll be encoding & to &amp; that's
unnecesary and wrong, and in my experience sometimes the browser doesn't
execute click event, but works fine while I do shift-click opening in a
new window. Other example can be about encoding # (anchor char), the #
mustn't be enconded.

This error is a misuse of links or it's a bug?

   private String constructURL(StringBuffer buffer, boolean
includeParameters)
    {

        if (_stateful)
            result = _cycle.encodeURL(result);