tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hls...@attbi.com>
Subject Separate JARs for HTML/WML?
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2003 20:04:40 GMT
Hey Dave, just checking out your changes for WML support.  Looks real good
so far.

My only concern is that the new JAR file for the WML components.  I strongly
feel that either the classes should just be included in the main Tapestry
JAR file, or that the source code for the WML be split out into its own
sub-project (that is, like the contrib framework).

Given that the WML stuff is only 33K and the main framwork is over 610KB I
think just a single JAR is appropriate (totalling about 640KB).  Didn't Bill
Gates say nobody would ever need more than 640KB?

Anyway, I'm strongly opposed to building two different deliverables (i.e.,
JAR files) from one source directory root.  That way lies madness (aka,
WebCT, my day job, which has one source root and about 200 deliverables and
it's a nightmare).

I guess a secondary question is whether there should be a separate
WML.library, or whether everything should just be rolled into the main
framework.library file?

BTW ... love the source code coverage numbers (99.3% !)

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Tapestry: Java Web Components