tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From d...@multitask.com.au
Subject RE: Learn something new every day
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2003 01:51:23 GMT
"Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hlship@attbi.com> wrote on 03/03/2003 04:21:31 AM:

> Defined "illegally".  ejb.jar is LGPL.  The others are ASL, except for
McKoi
> which is GPL.

I'm pretty sure ejb.jar is *not* LGPL, as it is a product of Sun. The
license up on http://java.sun.com/products/ejb/docs.html is definitely not
LGPL. Do you know the source of this jar?

> There is some small sloppiness currently, related to reproducing the
> licences frrom some of these packages.
> http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-tapestry/lib/ext/bce
> l-5.0.jar
No license available with binary distribution. See
http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/bcel/licenses/bcel.license for details, but
I'm sure you've read it before.

> http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-tapestry/lib/ext/com
> mons-lang-1.0.jar
Ditto

> http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-tapestry/lib/ext/com
> mons-logging-1.0.2.jar
Ditto

> http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-tapestry/lib/ext/org
> .apache.crimson.jar
Ditto

> http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-tapestry/lib/ext/jav
> ax.xml.jaxp.jar
Ditto

> http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-tapestry/lib/ext/junit.jar
I thought it needed a copyright or license credit, but I can't see it in
the license.

> http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-tapestry/lib/ext/mck
oidb-0.94h.jar
This is GPL from memory. And as such, I thought you need to inform about
source code etc...

> junit.jar is not redistributed.
junit.jar is in CVS, and that's web accessible, and also vi anonymous cvs.
That counts for redistribution.

> I'm looking at other options for some of the jars used just in demos,
like
> jfreechart.  May be forced to make users download them seperately which
is
> ugly.
Yip, ugly.

Maven may be able to help there. If you have a 'demo' project set up,
running goals for it will download the dependencies.
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
Work:      http://www.multitask.com.au