tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Luis Neves <lne...@netcabo.pt>
Subject Re: New applications
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2003 17:57:01 GMT
On Thursday 03 April 2003 18:35, Howard M. Lewis Ship wrote:
> My Opinion: More demos are good with certain caveats.

Yes, the importance of working examples of Tapestry applications can not be
stressed enough.

> What are the licenses for Hibernate and Cayenne?

Hibernate is LGPL, Cayenne follows the Apache Software License

> Luis Neves has contributed a Tapestry Petshop; I haven't had a chance to
> look at it (sorry!).

No problem.

> There's copyright issues, I believe, in simply duplicating Sun's demos,
> especially if we recycle any of their assets (images and such).  Ideally,
> we would rip out the JSP portion and replace it with Tapestry and leave the
> EJBs and/or web services (for Adventure Builder) intact.  Again, the Sun
> license for the code is probably incompatible with the ASL.

There is no need for the extra demos to be a part of the Tapestry
Distribution, or is there?
The demos could be a project on their own right, or maybe incorporated in the
Tacos project.

I would really like to do something like the "ASP.NET starter kits"[1] once
Tapestry2.4 becomes a reality.

Best regards,
Luis Neves

[1]- ASP.NET starter kits http://www.asp.net/Default.aspx?tabindex=9&tabid=47