tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Sell <christian.s...@netcologne.de>
Subject parameters & enhancement error
Date Mon, 21 Apr 2003 14:05:37 GMT
Hello,

I have a component which ran flawlessly under 2.3. It declares a
parameter in the component-specification (lets call it P). I have
accessor methods that set and read the value of P. Now that I try to run
my app under 3.0, I get an error message saying:

"Unable to enhance class xyz because it implements a non-abstract write
method for property "P".

Question:
- why is Tapestry trying to enhance my class? My understanding was that
it would only do this for properties that appeared in a
<property-specification>, and had no accessors already?

- is a parameter also considered a property?

- whats wrong with implementing the accessors myself?

thanks,
Christian