tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From "Geoff Longman" <glong...@intelligentworks.com>
Subject Need an observation about the TemplateParser
Date Sun, 01 Jun 2003 00:43:59 GMT
Howard,

I'm about to start looking at the TemplateParser with the intent of adapting
it for use with Spindle. I will not be suggesting any changes as I was
thinking of copying the source and customizing to my needs.

Was wondering if I could get some insight from you on the following...

1. How hard do you think it would be to add some kind of callback mechanism
to report stuff like:?

startTagStart(line, column)
startTagEnd(line, column)
AttributeStart(line, column)
AttributeEnd(line, column)
closeTag (I need no info really about the close tag, I just need to know
which start tag has been closed.)

2. The parser stops when the first problem is encountered. Do you believe
that a version that reports the error, but continues would still work, or
would the parser go insane?

Of course I'm hoping for positve responses to the above, but negative would
be ok too as I wouldn't waste time learnig the parser code in detail.

Geoff

Geoffrey Longman
Intelligent Works Inc.