tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Lear <r...@zopyra.com>
Subject Re: problem: how to avoid inconsistencies when a user open a linkin anew window
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2003 13:52:00 GMT
On Thursday, June 5, 2003 at 09:56:04 (+0300) Mindbridge writes:
>Hi,
>
>    From what I can see, you want the persistent page properties (perhaps
>only some of them) to be stored as part of the URL -- this will make things
>work in the context you describe. We've been thinking about how to possibly
>realize this, but it is tricky, and at the very least will require
>JavaScript ...

I'm a bit confused on this.

Doesn't DirectLink have a renderer, not to mention an anchor?

1) For renderer, suppose from the Category page you have link to a
Summary page, the link to which might be expressed as:

    http://www.foo.com/svc/app?service=page/Summary

Could you not provide a renderer that would render this instead:

    http://www.foo.com/svc/app?service=page/Summary&productCat=XYZ

then, when the summary page validates, this value is parsed and set
for the Summary page DirectLink renderers so they can also use this
transient value?

2) And what about using the anchor to encode this?  Could not the
anchor just be the product category?

Sorry if I'm lost.

Bill